Summer Student – Community Program Assistant
York Region Food Network (YRFN) works to improve access to affordable nutritious food for residents of York Region through community food security initiatives.
This position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs. Applicants must have been a full time student and be returning to school full time in the fall.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate weekly Reclamation program including volunteer recruitment and coordination, distribution, and administrative requirements
- Assist in development of new aquaponics initiative
- Support Gleaning Program – participant notification and trip assistance
- Prepare promotional tools for programs such as Good Food Box newsletter
- Assist with management of polytunnel greenhouse
- Coordination and participation in various events to celebrate healthy food
- Complete assigned general duties – website, communication, and research
This position would be of interest to students with an interest in environmental sustainability and food security. Suitable programs of study could include nutrition, environmental science, agriculture.
Access to transportation is an asset to move between our office locations in Aurora and Newmarket.
This position is 9 weeks, 32.75 hours per week, $12.75/hour
Apply by May 26, 2011 to email@example.com