November 1 - November 30
The Love Your Leftovers Contest was created to inspire the York Region community to share creative dishes they make using their leftovers. The purpose of this contest is to get folks to reduce food waste by finding new ways to eat leftovers.
Are you ready to show off your culinary skills and creativity? Using leftovers from your fridge, create new inspired meals and share them with us in a post! Each entry will give you a chance to win grocery cards!
How it works:
- Post photo(s) of 1) the leftovers being used and 2) final (inspired) dish on Instagram and/or Facebook
- Tag us at @yorkregionfoodnetwork; and use #LoveYourLeftoversContest. This submission earns you 3 ballot entries
- Follow us on Instagram and/or Facebook & Tag a friend to get 1 extra ballot entry
- Eligibility: Open to residents of all ages across York Region (Aurora, East Gwillimbury, Georgina, King, Markham, Newmarket, Richmond Hill, Vaughan and Witchurch-Stoufville)
- All participants who follow guidelines will be entered in a draw to win 1 of 4 $50 Gift Cards to grocery store of choice, and one grand prize $250 grocery gift card
- Participants may enter multiple times (for more chances to win) with NEW meal creations from leftovers over the four weeks
- Contest runs from November 1st 2020 thru November 30th 2020
- By entering this contest, you agree to allow your picture/content to be re-posted/shared on YRFN’s social accounts.
- This contest is not endorsed by Instagram or Facebook.
York Region Food Network’s #LoveYourLefttoversContest
Contest Rules and Regulations 2020
– Win a Grocery Store Gift Card with the #LoveYourLeftoversContest (the “Contest”) courtesy of YORK REGION FOOD NETWORK.
- ENTRY PERIOD & CONTEST SPONSORS.
– The Contest is brought to you by the following entities (collectively or individually, the “Contest Sponsors”): York Region Food Network.
– The registration portion for York Region Food Network’s #LoveYourLeftoversContest begins at 12:01am EST on Sunday, November 1st, 2020 and concludes at 11:59pm EST on Monday, November 30th, 2020. Participants can enter as many times as they like during the contest period. Multiple entries do increase someone’s chances of winning, as long as the posts are on different social media platforms. Duplicated posts will not count as an official entry.
- HOW TO ENTER.
– No purchase necessary.
– To successfully qualify for the York Region Food Network #LoveYourLeftoversContest, Participants need to post an original photo(s) of 1) the leftovers being used and 2) the final (inspired) dish on Instagram or Facebook. Along with the photos the post must include the hashtag #LoveYourLeftoversContest. If a participant uploads a photo which they aren’t authorized to use, they will be disqualified and declared ineligible.
– Entries are encouraged to include/mention York Region Food Network; Instagram entries @YRFoodNetwork, Facebook @yorkregionfoodnetwork. Entries not including these handles will still be eligible to win, as long as the hashtag #LoveYourLeftoversContest is being used within the caption of the post.
– Follow us on Instagram and/or Facebook & Tag a friend to get 1 extra ballot entry
– York Region Food Network’s #LoveYourLeftoversContest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook. All entrants are providing information directly to the Contest Sponsors and agree to release Instagram and Facebook from any and all liability arising in connection with the contest.
– The Grand Prize will be awarded by a random draw occurring in the York Region Food Network offices, 350 Industrial Parkway S., Aurora, ON on Tuesday, December 1st, 2020 @ 11:00 am EST. For a winner to claim their prize, they’ll need to reply to a direct message sent to the social media platform that the winning post originally came from-be that Instagram or Facebook. The winner will also be announced on Instagram and Facebook. The winner will have 7 days to reply and verify that they are the authorized account holder and live within the Regional Municipality of York in order to be declared the Grand Prize Winner.
- PRIZE DESCRIPTION.
-The York Region Food Network #LoveYourLeftoversContest Grand Prize consists of a (one) $250 grocery gift card to their grocery store of choice. There will also be 4 prizes of (one) $50 Gift Card to the winners’ grocery store of choice, provided by York Region Food Network (collectively or individually, the “Contest Sponsors”) .
– The Grand Prize of a (one) $250 grocery gift card to their grocery store of choice must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, transfer, exchange or assignment, unless otherwise determined at the absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors. The 4 Prizes of a (one) $50 grocery gift card to their grocery store of choice must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, transfer, exchange or assignment, unless otherwise determined at the absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors. Any unused portion of a prize, once awarded, will be deemed forfeited by the applicable winner and no financial compensation will be made or required in respect of such unused portion. The Contest Sponsors and/or the prize suppliers reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to substitute a prize, or a component of a prize, with a prize, or a component of a prize (as applicable), of equal or greater value, including, without limitation; a monetary award, if the prize or prize component cannot be awarded by the Contest Sponsors and/or the prize supplier(s) for any reason. Prize may not be exactly as advertised. Prize will not be replaced if lost, destroyed or stolen.
– Except as expressly warranted herein, any Contest prize is provided “as is” without further warranty of any kind.
– Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number entries received during the contest entry period.
– The prize winner must have appropriate identification (a Valid Ontario Driver’s License; class G2 or higher or another form of photo identification that includes address) to accept the prize.
– Open to residents of all ages across York Region (Aurora, East Gwillimbury, Georgina, King, Markham, Newmarket, Richmond Hill, Vaughan and Witchurch-Stoufville). Whether or not an individual resides within the Regional Municipality of York will be determined by York Region Food Network in its sole discretion.
– The Contest is not open to personnel of York Region Food Network, their sponsors, their advertising and promotional agencies and members of their respective families.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY / CONSENT TO PUBLICITY.
– Be legally bound by these Contest rules, including all eligibility requirements.
– Be bound by the decisions and/or conclusions of the Contest Sponsors and their representatives or the independent judging organization, if any, which are final, binding and conclusive (without appeal) on all matters relative to the Contest; and – premise, release and forever discharge the Contest Sponsors, their respective parent and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, divisions, dealers, retailers, printers and advertising and promotional agencies, any and all other companies associated with the Contest (including prize suppliers and suppliers of materials or services related to the Contest), and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all actions, causes of actions, suits, debts, dues, accounts, claims, damages or liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses arising out of, or in any way related to, his/her participation in the Contest and/or the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any Contest prize (or any portion thereof), or any travel or activity that is related to the receipt or use of any Contest prize, including, without limitation costs or losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, and rights of publicity, personality, privacy and/or intellectual property.
– By accepting a Contest prize, the winner authorizes each of the Contest Sponsors and their respective designees, to use, in any related publicity the winner’s name, city and province/territory of residence, photograph, image, likeness, voice, and any statements he/she may make regarding such Contest prize for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide in perpetuity, in any form of media including the Internet, without limitation and without additional compensation or consideration, permission or notification, unless prohibited by law; and each winner waives any rights that may exist in respect of materials produced pursuant to the foregoing.
– The Contest Sponsors are not responsible for a participant’s inability to post photos to Twitter, Instagram or Facebook during the contest period due to service interruption, technical problems, the failure of telephone or electronic equipment or the inability of a participant to contact York Region Food Network for any reason whatsoever. The decisions of York Region Food Network are final and cannot be challenged.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
The Releasees are not responsible for:
– lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider, website, or other connections, including those through and/or by any website;
– jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties;
– failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems, any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication;
– printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Contest rules, in any Contest related advertisements or other materials; or
– any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Contest-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any event. The Releasees are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. The Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of any website;
– injury of any degree including death to entrants while entering the contest.
– By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use, and disclosure of his/her personal information for the purposes and in the manner described herein. All information submitted by entrants is being collected by York Region Food Network and will not be shared with any additional parties unless specified.
– LAWS AND RULES: This Contest will be run in accordance with these Contest rules, which shall be subject to amendment by York Region Food Network, without notice or liability to you. Entrants must comply with these Contest rules and will be deemed to have received and understood these rules by participating in this Contest. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These rules are governed exclusively by the laws of the province or territory in which you reside, and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of such province or territory. Rights and remedies may vary by province or territory.
- CANCEL AND AMEND.
– York Region Food Network reserves the right to cancel, modify, suspend or to amend this Contest’s rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, bug, corruption, security breach, or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsors, COB reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest and/or conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries.
– The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to disqualify without notice any entrant that they find to be: violating the Contest rules; tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Contest website; acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution, and COB reserves the right to ban or disqualify an entrant from this Contest and any future contests.
- Affirmation of Acceptance and Agreement to All of the Official Rules
By entering the contest, you, the Entrant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.