York Region Food Network respects your privacy. We protect your personal information and adhere to all legal requirements with respect to protecting your privacy. We do not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists or other personal information. We use your personal information to assist us in providing you with appropriate services, and to keep you informed and up-to-date on the activities of York Region Food Network, including programs, services, special events, funding needs, opportunities to volunteer or to give, and more through periodic contacts.
If at any time you wish to be removed from any of these contacts, please contact us by phone at 905-841-3101 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly accommodate your request.
Who we are
York Region Food Network (YRFN) is a charitable organization that strives for a food secure York Region where everyone’s right to food is met. Our website address is: https://yrfn.ca.
We collect two basic types of information on our websites, personally identifiable information which you submit and information about your interaction with our websites using digital markers such as cookies. We collect personally identifiable information when you provide it to us by participating in certain activities that require response, registration or purchases.
When you visit our websites, we also automatically log information about your visit. The information collected about your visit includes, but is not limited to:
- The current Internet protocol (IP) address and the type of computer operating system you are using (e.g. Microsoft Windows or Mac OS)
- The type of browser you are using (e.g. Firefox or Internet Explorer)
- The referring website that brought you to the YRFN website
- Your UDID (for mobile devices)
- The domain name of your Internet Service Provider
- Your activities while visiting the Website (e.g. which of our Web pages you viewed)
- YRFN may use third-party services, such as Google Analytics to process this information.
YRFN and its service providers use this information to analyze the performance and effectiveness of our website and for technical reasons to facilitate navigation through our website.
You may adjust your browser settings to reject digital markers, including cookies, if you so choose. Visiting our website with cookies disabled will have no significant impact on your ability to view our websites.
Embedded content from other websites
Information on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We use your information for the purposes identified to you. When we intend to use your personal information for a purpose not identified to you when the information was collected, we will identify the new purpose and obtain your permission prior to use.
We do not sell your personal information.
We disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- We may contract with carefully selected third parties to perform services for us or on our behalf. When we select the third parties, we ensure that they use security and privacy standards comparable to our own.
- Where a third party hosts an event using YRFN’s systems to register participants, your information may be shared with the host solely for the purposes of managing the event and your participation in the event.
- In all other situations, we will disclose your personal information only with your consent, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
How long we retain your data
We will keep your personal information only as long as it is necessary to satisfy the purposes for which it was obtained, or as required by law. We have guidelines and procedures for the retention and destruction of personal information. When we destroy personal information, we will use safeguards to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to that information during the process.
What rights you have over your data
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.