York Region Food Network has been a regional leader of community gardens since 1993. We operate both allotment and collective community gardens throughout York Region.
Our Allotment Gardens
Aurora Allotment Garden
This garden is located at 372 Industrial Parkway South. Click here to see where it is.
There are 56 plots, each measuring 10 x 20ft. Established 1996, it provides people with a chance to access fresh food.
How do I sign up for a plot?
All plots have been filled for the 2021 season and our waitlist is at maximum capacity.
Check back next season. In the meantime, you can join our urban agriculture workshop series.
Newmarket Allotment Garden
The garden is East of the Magna Centre at 900 Mulock Drive. Click here to see where it is.
There are 106 plots, each measuring 10 x 20ft. Established 1999, it focuses on allowing the community to grow and learn about fresh, healthy food.
How do I sign up for a plot?
All plots have been filled for the 2021 season and our waitlist is at maximum capacity. Check back next season.
Gardening opportunities are available at the London-Main Community Garden in Newmarket. See below for more information.
Our Collective Gardens
London/Main Community Garden
Located at the intersection of London Road & Main Street North. Click here to see where it is.
London-Main Community Garden will be open for the 2021 season.
Vaughan Growing To Give
Located at 835 Clark Avenue (Behind Fire Hall #7-1). Click here to see where it is.
There are approximately 17 plots, each measuring 8 x 10ft. Established in 2011 in partnership with Seeds For Change, this garden encourages volunteers to grow for others in need. There are class visits, workshops, and collective gardening sessions. In 2018, the harvest consisted of 1200lbs of organic vegetables and herbs. Visit our Facebook page here!
Vaughan City Hall
Located at Vaughan City Hall, 2141 Major MacKenzie Drive. Click here to see where it is.
Vaughan City Hall Community Garden will be open for the 2021 season.
There are 8 raised plots, each measuring 3 x 8ft. It is still in development, and currently features a pollinator bed and compost station.
Other gardens not run by YRFN
- Richmond Hill Community Garden at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church (10131 Bayview Ave, Richmond Hill, ON). Please email: Volkmar & Renee at stpaulslutheranchurch @ bellnet.ca
- Sheppard’s Bush Conservation Area Community Garden in Aurora, ON have 10x10ft plots with a $20 fee for the season. Please call or email: Lauren Grzywniak at 905-895-1281, ext. 126 or email l.grzywniak @ LSRCA.on.ca.
- Light on the Hill Community Garden at St John’s Baptist Church (12135 Yonge St., Oak Ridges, ON) has ten 6x10ft and 6x12ft garden plots. It is a Pay-What-You-Can Monthly system for gardeners. Please email Adam Furfaro at adamfurfaro @ gmail.com, or call 647-575-4426 to learn more.
- Community Gardens in York Region
- Vaughan Community Gardens
- Richmond Hill Community Gardens
- Markham Community Gardens
- Whitchurch-Stouffville Community Gardens
- King Community Gardens
- Toronto Urban Growers Map of Community Gardens and Resources
Contact Our Urban Agriculture Coordinator
Contact Jessica at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-841-3101 ext. 208