Good Food Boxes are boxes of fresh, high-quality vegetables and fruit. With the box contents changing depending on availability, each Good Food Box offers a convenient and affordable way to eat healthy, local food.
Good Food Box Update During COVID-19
What to expect from YRFN’s Good Food Boxes
- We are expanding our Good Food Box program and our produce boxes will now be available for pickup on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month. Orders and payment are due one week prior to each pickup date.
- Contents of our Good Food Box will change each time. We aim to have 7-8 different types of veggies and fruit in each box. In April our Good Food Box contained 5 lb potatoes, 2 lb carrots, 2 lb onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, English cucumber, mushrooms and either oranges or yams.
- We have been informed by our supplier that produce prices are increasing. York Region Food Network feels that everyone needs a little break right now and we will be subsidizing the cost our Good Food Boxes so we do not need to raise our prices. This means that York Region Food Network will be paying our suppliers and farmers $22.00 per Good Food Box to offer more variety to you, but we will continue to charge you just $16 per box, which includes PayPal fees.
- These are unusual times and although we can’t typically offer Good Food Box delivery, we know that there are a lot of people right now who cannot leave their house for a variety of reasons. If you need your Good Food Box delivered, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org before ordering to discuss options.
- If you are in a position to contribute to help get healthy local affordable food on the tables of our community, please consider donating to York Region Food Network.
** The box contents change monthly and may include: potatoes, carrots, onions, apples, cabbage, cucumbers, parsnips, peppers, celery, melons, garlic, squash, strawberries, leeks, broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, corn. Box contents depends on seasonal availability **
Good Food Box Pickup Locations:
York Region Food Network Office
350 Industrial Parkway South, Aurora
Contact: David Lightwood, Good Food Box Coordinator
Phone: (905) 841-3101 ext 203
Email: davidl @ yrfn.ca
Markham (online orders only)
Ebenezer United Church
5000 Steeles Avenue East
Markham, ON L3R7B4
Keswick (order must be placed through Keswick Christian Church)
Keswick Christian Church
2 Old Homestead Rd., Keswick
Contact: Bob or Hal
If you wish to pick your Good Food Box up at Keswick Christian Church, your order must be placed through Keswick Christian Church (905-476-4548) as it is submitted to us as a bulk order.
All online orders must be picked up at our Aurora office or at Ebenezer United Church in Markham
Are you interested in starting a Good Food Box drop-off site in your neighbourhood? All you need is a reliable means of transportation to pick up your community’s boxes from our office. If your drop-off site orders more than 14 boxes, we’ll even provide you with a free Good Food Box for your time! For more information contact us at (905) 841-3101 ext. 204 or at davidl @ yrfn.ca
The Good Food Box makes top quality fresh food available to everyone, fosters community connections, and promotes healthy eating.
Frequently asked questions
Can I pay more than one month in Advance?
Yes, customers can pay in advance. You will receive email confirmation from PayPal when ordered online.
How do I pay for the Good Food Box?
You can order online via Paypal.
I don’t want to get a box EVERY time
You only need to order for the pickup dates you want a Good Food Box.
Can I choose my fruits and veggies?
Customers cannot pick and choose what fruits and veggies are in their box.