Good Food Boxes are volunteer-packed boxes of fresh, high-quality vegetables and fruit. With the box contents changing monthly, each Good Food Box offers a convenient and affordable way to eat healthy, local food.
Good Food Boxes:
- Feature seasonal Ontario-grown products whenever possible, supporting local farmers. Each month’s box comes with recipes and news in our Good Food Box Newsletter.
- Are available for purchase by anyone.
- Are more affordable than retail stores because of York Region Food Network’s bulk buying ability.
How the Good Food Box works:
- Order your Good Food Box by the 5th day of each month. Order online or order and pay in-person at York Region Food Network (350 Industrial Parkway S. in Aurora)
- Pick- up between 2pm-6pm on the 3rd Thursday of each month at York Region Food Network. Please see our Events Calendar for details.
- Customers can also order and pick-up their Good Food Boxes through the Keswick Christian Church (see below for details)
Good Food Box choices:
- Good Food Box – $15 – a fresh box full of vegetables and fruit.
- Local Good Food Box – $25 – available seasonally (July to November), a large box full of York Region-grown vegetables and fruits.
** The box contents change monthly and may include: potatoes, carrots, onions, apples, cabbage, cucumbers, parsnips, peppers, celery, melons, garlic, squash, strawberries, leeks, broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, corn. Box contents depends on seasonal availability **
Good Food Box Pickup Locations:
York Region Food Network Office
350 Industrial Parkway South, Aurora
Contact: David Lightwood, Good Food Box Coordinator
Phone: (905) 841-3101 ext 203
Email: davidl @ yrfn.ca
Keswick Christian Church
2 Old Homestead Rd., Keswick
Contact: Bob or Hal
If you wish to pick your Good Food Box up at Keswick Christian Church, your order must be placed through Keswick Christian Church as it is submitted to us as a bulk order.
All online orders must be picked up at our Aurora office.
Are you interested in starting a Good Food Box drop-off site in your neighbourhood? All you need is a reliable means of transportation to pick up your community’s boxes from our office. If your drop-off site orders more than 14 boxes, we’ll even provide you with a free Good Food Box for your time! For more information contact us at (905) 841-3101 ext. 204 or at davidl @ yrfn.ca
The Good Food Box makes top quality fresh food available to everyone, fosters community connections, and promotes healthy eating.
Frequently asked questions
Can I pay more than one month in Advance?
Yes, customers can pay up to six months in advance. You will receive pickup receipts upon payment or email confirmation if ordered online.
How do I pay for the Good Food Box?
Payment can be made in person at our office. We accept cash or cheque. Please call first to verify hours of operation. You can also order online via Paypal.
What if the 5th day is a holiday-how do I get my order in?
The 5th day of the month is the LAST day to place orders for each month. You can place an order anytime of the month. The 5th is the cutoff day for any given month.
I don’t want to get a box EVERY month
You only need to order for the months you want a Good Food Box.
Can I choose my fruits and veggies?
Customers cannot pick and choose what fruits and veggies are in their box.